You are very welcome to attend the Open Evening that we are holding on Tuesday 7 October 2014 . There will be a tour of the school at 6.15 p.m. followed by a presentation in the hall at 7.00 p.m. There will then be a further opportunity to tour the school at 8.00 p.m. if that time is more convenient. This Open Evening will give you an opportunity to see all that we have to offer your child and will be particularly useful for children moving to Year 7 in 2015.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2014
There were scenes of great joy and jubilation as pupils collected their GCSE results this morning. Everybody who had taught this particular year group knew that the pupils were very bright and, because they had certainly worked hard during their time at Corpus Christi, hopes and targets were high.
Their results, however, exceeded all expectations. They recorded the BEST EVER results in the history of the school by a considerable margin. Analysis of the results show that :
• No pupil left without a recognised qualification
• 99% of pupils gained at least 5 A* - G grades
• 89% of pupils achieved at least 5 A* - C grades (83% with GCSEs alone and 89% including BTEC or equivalent courses)
• 77% of pupils were awarded at least 5 A* - C grades including the “all important” English and Maths
• 73% of pupils gained at least 5 A* - C grades including English, Maths and Science
Success is all about individual pupils fulfilling their potential, and so many of our pupils have done that in these examinations. We congratulate them, most sincerely.
However, an unprecedented number of pupils also swept the board with top grades :
• Twenty eight pupils, in total, gained at least 10 subjects at A* / A grade
• One pupil gained 11 A* grades (doing Music as an “extra”!)
• Six pupils gained 10 A* grades
• Three pupils achieved 9 A* grades and one A grade
• Four pupils gained 8 A* grades and two A grades
Many departments also achieved their best ever results, and these details will be posted on the website shortly.
Needless to say, such wonderful results would not have been achieved without the dedication of all the staff at Corpus Christi and the support and cooperation of parents and carers. It has been a great year and a fabulous day here. Enjoy the celebrations.
WELL DONE, EVERYBODY!