Message to Parents/Carers: Welsh Government National Reading and Numeracy Tests
The results of the National Reading and Numeracy tests taken by lower school pupils in the summer term are being sent home for your perusal on Wednesday 3rd September. All pupils in Years 8, 9 and 10 will have a white envelope containing the results and the notes explaining those outcomes. Please check with your children that they have obtained the envelopes to give to you. Thank you.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2014
There were scenes of great joy and jubilation as pupils collected their GCSE results this morning. Everybody who had taught this particular year group knew that the pupils were very bright and, because they had certainly worked hard during their time at Corpus Christi, hopes and targets were high.
Their results, however, exceeded all expectations. They recorded the BEST EVER results in the history of the school by a considerable margin. Analysis of the results show that :
• No pupil left without a recognised qualification
• 99% of pupils gained at least 5 A* - G grades
• 89% of pupils achieved at least 5 A* - C grades (83% with GCSEs alone and 89% including BTEC or equivalent courses)
• 77% of pupils were awarded at least 5 A* - C grades including the “all important” English and Maths
• 73% of pupils gained at least 5 A* - C grades including English, Maths and Science
Success is all about individual pupils fulfilling their potential, and so many of our pupils have done that in these examinations. We congratulate them, most sincerely.
However, an unprecedented number of pupils also swept the board with top grades :
• Twenty eight pupils, in total, gained at least 10 subjects at A* / A grade
• One pupil gained 11 A* grades (doing Music as an “extra”!)
• Six pupils gained 10 A* grades
• Three pupils achieved 9 A* grades and one A grade
• Four pupils gained 8 A* grades and two A grades
Many departments also achieved their best ever results, and these details will be posted on the website shortly.
Needless to say, such wonderful results would not have been achieved without the dedication of all the staff at Corpus Christi and the support and cooperation of parents and carers. It has been a great year and a fabulous day here. Enjoy the celebrations.
WELL DONE, EVERYBODY!
PE Magazine...click here
NATO Summit. School Opening information. Click here
Art GCSE Work...Student Information
Internet Matters. Read more...
English Exam Results. Click here for more information
Parent Governor Vacancy. Click here for more details.
Yr9 Options Booklet...click here
Free School Meals information...click here